Friday, June 2, 2017

Hand Stamped Daisy Thank You Card


I love daisies! In fact, they were my wedding flowers years ago. I have been inspired by a lot of daisy cards and projects I have seen lately on Pinterest, but I didn't have any daisy patterned paper, so I decided to make my own. I hand stamped this using the In Bloom, Ava's Favorite Flowers stamp set by Winnie & Walter. I also used the coordinating dies for the daisies.

The card base is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches, top folding. I first stamped a full sheet of white cardstock and then selected the area I liked best for the card front. That is easy to do when you die cut it. I used a 4 x 5-1/4 inch stitched die from Simon Says Stamp called Bundle of Stitched Shapes. After adhering that layer onto the card, I cut a strip of navy cardstock 1-1/4 x 4-1/4 inches and then layered the yellow floral designed paper (Stampin' Up) on top of that, cut slightly narrower.

I stamped and die cut the three daisies in navy ink, adding a small yellow circle for the flower centers. The "thank you" is from the stamp set called Simply Stated by Catherine Pooler Designs. I punched it out with a circle punch and inked around the edges using the matching navy ink.

I think it will be fun to make a whole set of these cards, maybe in different colors, although navy and yellow are one of my favorite color combinations.


No comments :

Post a Comment