Friday, May 5, 2017

Sunflower Mother's Day Card



I made this sunflower Mother's Day card using the Crazy About You stamp set by Stampin' Up, along with a "happy" die cut from Momenta. I like the bright black, white and yellow of this card.

The card base is black, 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches, side folding. I used a piece of yellow and white polka dot paper from the Stampin' Up brights DSP stack (daffodil delight), cut at 4 x 5-1/4 inches. I layered a piece of black and white striped paper (Paper Studio) onto a piece of daffodil delight cardstock cut at 2-1/4 x 5-1/4 inches.

The flower is stamped with the Crazy About You stamp set from Stampin' Up and punched out with the flower medallion punch (Stampin' Up, now retired). I embossed a piece of black cardstock with a dotted swiss embossing folder by Cuttlebug and cut out the circle using the Stampin' Up Layering Circles Framelit Dies.



Before attaching the 2-1/4 x 5-1/4 inch layered piece to the card, I wrapped it with a piece of black and white gingham ribbon (Offray from Walmart). I attached the flower with a dimensional dot and added a small bow tied in the gingham ribbon below the flower and down the "stem" with a glue dot to resemble leaves.

The "happy" is die cut from black cardstock using the Momenta dies from Hobby Lobby and the "Mother's Day" is stamped with the Crazy About You stamp set from Stampin' Up. I stamped it on white, cut around it, and then layered it onto a piece of black cardstock.

A Kansas sunflower for a Kansas Mom!

Here is another color option for you:




No comments :

Post a Comment