Friday, January 6, 2017

Coffee Card - "For You"


Today it's 10 degrees where I live and it's coffee drinking weather! I love my coffee but especially enjoy it when it's cold outside. Today's card is a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inch card in black, with a layer of patterned craft cardstock and other embellishments.

The patterned cardstock comes from a 6 x 6 cardstock pad from Hobby Lobby by Canvas Corp, Canvas Home Basics. I found a swirly cut on the Accent Essentials cartridge by Cricut, p. 50, cut at 3-1/2 inches that mimics the swirl in the patterned layer.

I cut a 2 x 3-1/2 inch tag from the same cardstock pad and added the "for you" die cut from the Stampin' Up Mini Treat Bag Thinlet Dies. The coffee cup stamp is from a darling coffee stamp set from Sugar Pea Designs. I punched it out with a 1-3/4 inch circle punch and layered it onto a 2 inch circle punched in black. I added some sheer black ribbon to the hole in the tag. I love black on cards and think this turned out rather sophisticated looking!

I have another coffee card planned for next week's post from the same Sugar Pea stamp set, so I hope you will come back then! I'm also planning a Valentine card using the same set. Stay warm!

No comments :

Post a Comment