Friday, December 16, 2016

Christmas Truck Cards


I was inspired to make these truck cards by the cute bags and decorations I have seen this year featuring trucks! They are so cute that I thought I would try to recreate them in card form. The only truck cut I had was in the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge. It is the red truck in the card on the right. I wanted a more vintage looking truck, so after cutting out the green truck, I cut away part of the truck bed to shorten it. I added fenders, etc. to both. It was a fun process!


This card is the one using the original cut from Everyday Paper Dolls Cartridge, p. 71, cut at 2" in real dial size. The card base is 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 in Garden Green, top folding. The patterned paper is from an American Crafts paper stack called All Wrapped Up. I cut the truck 3x to get the red, silver and black layers. The truck is cut from Cherry Cobbler cardstock. To make the fenders, I punched out 1 inch circles and cut them in half. I inked the edges of the truck and fenders in Cherry Cobbler.

The trees are from the Paper Doll Dress-Up cartridge, p. 73, cut at 1-3/4 and 2" in Garden Green, inking the edges in white (left tree) and Garden Green (right tree). The gifts were hand cut from a piece of patterened paper in the same American Crafts paper stack. The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes by Stampin' Up.

The white snow bank is made using dies from Lawn Fawn called Stitched Hillside Borders.


The card base for this card is the same, also in Garden Green, with DSP from the Warmth & Cheer stack by Stampin' Up. The truck is cut from the same Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge, p. 71, cut at 1-3/4" real dial size, except I cut away part of the truck bed to make a shorter, more vintage looking truck. I again cut the truck 3x, in green, black and silver, to make the various parts of the truck. I just trimmed down the pieces to fit on the truck. I again added the fenders cut from a 1 inch circle, cut in half, and inked the edges of the truck and the fenders.

The tree is cut in Garden Green from the Everyday Paper Doll Dress-Up cartridge, inking around the edges in white. I cut some more gifts from the American Crafts paper stack. The greeting is from the Candy Cane Lane stamp set. I just used the top part of the stamp. I cut it out using the Stitched Shapes dies from Stampin' Up. The snow bank is from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders dies. 

These were a little time consuming, but I like the way they turned out. Sometimes it's worth the extra time!

No comments :

Post a Comment