Friday, August 12, 2016

Life is a Beach - Pink Flamingo


This is the second card in my Life is a Beach Cricut cartridge series. I made a similar flamingo card earlier this summer using a flamingo stamp, but this time I used a cut from the Life is a Beach Cricut cartridge on p. 46.

I cut the flamingo at 2-1/2 inches, cutting out two body layers.  On the second one, I cut away the winged portion, inked the edges, and attached it on top of the original body layer to give it more dimension. The flamingo itself is cut from a lighter shade of pink so the legs were a different color from the body, and then I cut it a second time in black to get the beak, so all in all, I have 4 layers.

The palm leaves are found on p. 37 and I cut them at 1-1/2 and 2 inches, inking the edges in white, and attaching them behind the layered circles. The white circle is cut at 2-1/2 inches and the black circle is cut at 2-3/4 inches, both cut from circle dies, then added to the card with dimensionals.

I added some punched out flowers with the Martha Stewart flower punch in shades of pink and white, inking the edges, adding a dot of black to the centers, and then I stamped the birthday greeting from the Tin of Cards stamp set by Stampin Up (one of my absolute favorites). I added a small strip of washi tape at the top from Recollections. 

I am so into the black and white striped look and am always on the lookout for black and white striped papers. I actually can't tell you which brand this is because I have a collection of different brands. The striped paper was layered on top of a black layer and then onto the white card base.

Finished card size is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2. I didn't add any extra "bling" so it could easily be mailed, but you could add sequins, rhinestones, etc. if you wanted to bling it up!

Have a good week and I will be back next week for card #3!

No comments :

Post a Comment