Friday, August 5, 2016

Life is a Beach - Kissing Fish


I'm starting a Life is a Beach series of cards featuring the Life is a Beach Cricut cartridge. I made this kissing fish card as an anniversary card.

The card is an A2 card (5-1/2 x 4-1/4 inches), top folding, with layers each cut 1-4 inch smaller than the last. The blue cardstock is the new Dapper Denim from Stampin' Up, as is the ombre looking DSP (By the Shore). The waves were cut from the same paper suite, using waves from Life is a Beach, p. 45. The fish are found on p. 53 and are cut at 3 inches in order to get the largest fish the size I wanted. (It cuts a set of 3 fish and I only wanted to use the largest fish.)  I had to cut these twice in orange and then again in blue to get the shadow effect. I cut the various layers at the same size, inked them, and attached them to the fish.

In order to make the fish look like they are kissing, I punched out two small hearts with my Martha Stewart heart punch to add to the lips. I then punched out some blue hearts to resemble bubbles, another orange heart for the tag, and a blue flower to indicate which fish was the girl.

The greeting is from the And Many More stamp set (retired Stampin' Up) and the tag is cut with a die from Bundle of Stitched Shapes from Simon Says Stamp. I LOVE this set of dies.

I hope you will enjoy this card series. I am really liking this Life is a Beach Cricut cartridge!

No comments :

Post a Comment