Friday, July 29, 2016

Cricut Umbrella Card


It's raining hearts in this pink and black umbrella card today! While I made this as a "thinking of you" card, it could easily be a Valentine card come next February.

Card base is top fold, 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches. Pink layer is Melon Mambo from Stampin' Up and is cut at 4 x 5-1/4 inches. Patterned paper is from the Pop of Pink DSP collection from Stampin' Up and is cut at 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 inches.

The umbrella is from the Create a Critter cartridge (p. 31), cut at 4 inches. I cut the shadow layer in pink, the umbrella in black, and the umbrella top in black and white polka dot (also from the Pop of Pink DSP collection by Stampin' Up). I popped up the umbrella top from the shadow layer using dimensionals.

The sentiment is from the February 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit entitled Hello Sunshine. I stamped it in Momento Tuxedo Black ink onto white cardstock, and backed it with a layer of Melon Mambo cardstock, cutting tails on each end for the flag. I punched out some Melon Mambo and white hearts using the Martha Stewart heart punch.

I love using my Cricut and will be sharing more cards in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

No comments :

Post a Comment