Friday, June 17, 2016

Summer Cooler Cards



I don't know about you, but where I live the heat is upon us! I thought it would be a good time for some "Summer Cooler" cards. The original idea for the yellow and orange card came from Dawn Griffith of Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. Link to Dawn's Video She got it from someone else, so we are all passing on the cuteness!

I used clear window sheet rather than vellum and I love the look of a real glass! The second card was made the same way I did the Valentine heart jar back in February. (See link here) I stamped the jar image onto white cardstock, sponged it to look like a drink inside, then stamped the image again onto clear window sheet material with Staz-On ink. I cut both of them out and layered the "straw" in between the layers.

For the yellow and orange lemonade card I cut the yellow paper and then cut the clear window sheet slightly taller to give the illusion of a glass. I sandwiched the "straw" in between the same as the strawberry lemonade card. I didn't have a lemon stamp, so I found an image on Google, printed it, and cut it in half to use on my card.

Papers and stamps are all Stampin' Up as follows:
Yellow and Orange Lemonade Card:
White Cardstock (Card is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches, top opening)
Orange Papers from Brights DSP Stack
Yellow "lemonade" layer from Watercolor Garden DSP (retired)
Endless Thanks stamp set
Window sheet

Red and Green Strawberry Lemonade Card:
White cardstock (card measures 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 and is side opening)
Fruit Stand DSP
Window sheet
Garden Green polka dot paper from Regals DSP stack
Red striped straw from Brights DSP stack
Jar stamp (retired), but they have a new one now and I have seen others out there.
Happy Day To You from Sale-a-Bration Perfect Pairings stamp set
Retired Candy Dots
Small punched flowers from a Martha Stewart punch

Stay cool out there and I'll be back next week with another card!


No comments :

Post a Comment